Now available: A Teacher's Guide to The American Revolution: a Teacher's Guide to Studying the Events, Battles, and People of the Revolutionary War Era is a teacher created, 12 lesson guide with extended learning ideas. The lessons encourage student participation and research as they learn about many aspects of the 1763-1783 era. Learn about the time through study of:
· Revolutionary War History Chart © featuring the Staircase Learning MethodTM, a color-coded, chronological system for logical and simple study of the events and people of the time.
· Lessons presented in standard format with objectives, materials, motivation, instructional procedure, discussion and extension suggestions
· Detailed teaching instructions, guide sheets and answers provided
· Music and art of the era, including fife and drum music and art cards to enhance student learning
· Student generated news stories and research using web sites and the National Registry of Living Historians
· Primary documents and song lyrics study
· Two slide show presentations
· Group lessons that encourage cooperative learning as well as lessons to be done individually
· Lessons that can easily be adapted for use by smaller groups and home schools
Students will understand the early history of our nation and also appreciate the efforts of those who fought and sacrificed for this great country. We hope to encourage students to become leaders themselves and work to preserve our heritage, freedoms, liberties and the values upon which this great country was founded.
[Order Online Now]
The Entire Jamestown Settlement at a Glance!
Follow charters, events, explorers, and politics during the 23 year reign
of King James I in England. Celebrate Jamestown’s 400th anniversary! Here is where America started! Even before the Pilgrims came to America, the English settlers who landed at Jamestown in 1607 set the foundation for the United States. Learn about the first permanent English settlement in America. Learners of all ages will enjoy the beautiful pictures, portraits and information on this history chart. Information on the Jamestown History Chart is presented in our marvelous method of STAIRCASE LEARNINGTM, and using images and a color-coded system which breaks the facts down into easily consumable bite sized chunks.
Jamestown History Chart Features:
- 400+ facts: more thoroughly researched than any other source of its kind
- 250+ quick find entries: navigate the chart with ease
- 150+dates: unprecedented multilayer accuracy
- 75+ color-coded names: Blue=Jamestown; Red = England
- 40 Historic Images: picture and portrait gallery
- Color coded system: Find charters, sea voyages, Native Americans, publications, politics, etc. in an instant!
- Staircase Learning Method: highly developed method of finding, learning, and retaining important facts!
Jamestown History Chart and Teacher’s Guide
Jamestown History Chart and Teacher’s Guide on CD-rom
The entire Jamestown Settlement at a glance plus the tools you’ll need to help lead classroom or individual learners through the charters of King James I and the settlement of Jamestown during the 23 years of his reign in England.
This is the only teacher’s guide to Jamestown you’ll need. This CD-Rom designed for windows and MacIntosh computers features:
· CD-rom version of the Jamestown History Chart: the complete Jamestown History Chart including charters, event, explorers, and politics of Jamestown during the 23 year reign of King James I.
· 9 Printable lessons and student guides: featuring a variety of teaching methods
· 6 Power Point slide show presentations: for use with lessons to help students learn about people and events of this very important era in American history.
· Use of technology and online resources: for research and learning opportunities
· 9 Lesson plans: presented in standard format with objectives, materials, instructional procedure, discussion and extension activities
· Opportunities for creative writing: Students will enjoy finishing a story about being onboard ship with John Smith and Christopher Newport on their first trip across the ocean to Jamestown
· Unit assessment: check comprehension and knowledge of material learned; gives teachers a tool to evaluate student knowledge of the Jamestown Settlement era following the unit on Jamestown
We are now also featuring a small timeline of Jamestown The Jamestown Timeline
11" x 17" inch, hole punched and laminated
Learn about the first permanent English settlement in America. Here is the history of Jamestown condensed into a smaller version for those who want to know the history of Jamestown but have limited space or are looking for a notebook sized version to reference. This version of Jamestown history includes the main historical figures of Jamestown history represented in beautifully colored pictures and portraits like the larger chart with a condensed timeline. Like the Jamestown History Chart, The Jamestown Timeline, is also presented in our Staircase Learning Method format for easy learning of facts and information. This 11" x 17" inch, hole punched and laminated timeline is a great tool for learning in the home or school.End of Page